Day 14: Remember the WoMom–exercise dvds

January 14, 2010 by

Was one of your New Year’s Resolutions to exercise more? Mine certainly was. Although I had good intentions to work out during my pregnancy, I pretty much stopped after about 10 weeks in. I’m not the best pregnant person, and was cranky, nauseaus, and wanted to do not much more than eat ice cream and In and Out Burger daily.

That means that now I’ve got some work to do. I’m only 8 days post-partum, but I’m already planning my exercise strategy. I’ve been walking to and from school with the kids (the baby stays inside cozy with grandma!) and yesterday I actually did a few stomach crunches. It feels good to move again.

I really like exercising at home, and have fallen in love with the QuickFix series (especially the full-body one), and look forward to getting back to them after my 6 week check up.

My absolute favorite DVD workout of all time is the 1 Minute Workout with Minna Lessig, but it looks like it’s been discontinued. I wonder if you could find it through Netflix, EBay, or the library?

I got 15 days through the 30 Day Shred last year before deciding I’d rather have a baby and gave up. I could tell though, that it’s a very good workout. Super hard, but effective.

What are you favorite workout DVDs? I am really drawn to short workouts, and like how I can squeeze them in during an already pretty-packed day.

Today:

exercise!

daily 7

catch up on the shower challenge, weekend recovery, and speed dusting 101

Comments

8 Responses to “Day 14: Remember the WoMom–exercise dvds”

1. cbuffy on January 14th, 2010 8:40 am

I HIGHLY recommend checking out http://www.t-tapp.com. There is a free “try before you buy” section with lots of good things on it, and lots of free youtube demos as well.

I do a 15 minute, all over body workout every morning and that’s it. I’m done for the day! I’ve lost 23″ so far and am fitting comfortably back into clothes I thought were gone forever.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

2. Tabitha on January 14th, 2010 10:34 am

I also highly recommend T-Tapp. I do the 15 minute basic workout plus most of the time, but if I have extra time I keep going into the 45 minute workout. It has really improved my posture and is all about losing inches in a short period of time.

3. Melody on January 14th, 2010 12:13 pm

I love Leslie Sansone’s Walk Away the Pounds DVDs http://www.walkathome.com . I use the Express ones (about 20 minutes for 1 mile or 30 minutes for 2, including warm up/cool down). They are pumped up walking and good for days it is too cold to exercise outside.

4. Kristin K on January 14th, 2010 1:31 pm

Ditto on the T-tapp! Awesome workout without the time requirements of other workouts. Now you do have to learn the proper way to do the 15 minute workout which takes a little longer but once you learn how to do the moves, so that you are benefiting and not hurting the muscles, then it really only takes 15 minutes a day/every other day.
    My friend also lost 70 pounds just by the eating plan in Mastering Leptin by Byron Richards and is using T-tapp to strengthen her muscles. I highly recommend this book!

5. Kate Hesser on January 15th, 2010 5:07 am

I love the New York City Ballet workout. I feel so graceful while I am doing it and like I am learning something that can transcend just running in place. The only problem– it’s long! I think it is 60 minutes…

6. Linda on January 15th, 2010 3:01 pm

My favorite for the last few years is also the Walk A mile by Leslie Sansone. My new favorite routines though are on the Wii Fitness Plus and the Wii personal trainer. Hubby and I put our main gift budget together at Christmas to get the system. I’m 59 and it’s not only fun but doable whether you have 5 minutes or and hour-whether you are 20 or 80. Plus the games included are fun and you find they give you a workout also.

7. Maureen on January 17th, 2010 9:08 pm

Personal Trainer with the wii is Awesome! It is interactive, and you can track things like how much you exercise in a month, what foods you ate, etc. It tells you how many calories you have burned and everything! Love love your blog!

8. Kathy on February 1st, 2010 7:38 am

Just ordered the 30 day shred at your recommendation. It’s been two days and I can barely move. My muscles are aching and my toddler thinks it is so funny to jump right on those sore muscles! Great recommendation – I deserve 20 minutes a day for exercise!