Teeny Tiny Thoughts, volume II

May 31, 2009 by

• because I don’t twitter. volume I is here.
  • it is much more fun to spend the day outside than inside at the computer
  • I did read the Hasselbeck book. I liked it.
  • I didn’t really learn anything new, and I can see how if you already know an awful lot about going gluten-free it might not come across as a great new resource, but for someone new to eating this way, or interested in learning more, I’d recommend the book. I will keep it on hand, and loan it out.
  • definitely.
  • it’s the last week of school this week, and Every. Single. Day. is filled to the brim
  • tonight (Monday)  is the last girl scout meeting for the season
  • I’m the treasurer. I volunteered for the position to help with my math skills
  • I’m not really stretching them too awful much
  • I’m not the best at math, but my brother is. He teaches it. Not to me.
  • I’ve got a fiscal report due
  • I haven’t started
  • I’m the worst procrastinator I know
  • I regularly start writing (or any) assignments only a day or two ahead of deadline
  • it stresses me out and I vow to never ever do it again
  • but I still do
  • because I seem to get away with it, so it reinforces the notion that I work well under pressure, which is really just something lazy procrastinators say to make themselves feel better
  • we’re growing corn in our backyard
  • this cracks me up
  • because our backyard is about the size of a playpen
  • I owe $47.32 to the library
  • on three different cards
  • don’t tell Adam
  • I’m going to pay online so I don’t have to go up to the counter. because for some reason this highly embarrasses me. I kind of expect the alarm to go off every time I walk into the building, but they just keep letting me in to check out more books and videos.
  • I asked for crockpot recipes and got well over 100 new ones, but now I feel overwhelmed
  • there was something very easy about last year’s project: I had to do it, so I did. I feel kind of floundery and loosey-goosey now
  • are those real words?
  • they should be.
  • I just read my last teeny tiny thoughts post and I was wondering whether or not Jon and Kate were doing okay. That was back in March. My oh my what a few months can do to a family.
  • and Mel Gibson pissed me off. I really liked him.
  • I have 3 pairs of thick cozy socks. It delights me probably more than it should when they are all clean and I can choose which pair I want to wear.
  • and now my brain is completely empty.

Have an absolutely wonderful day.

Comments

9 Responses to “Teeny Tiny Thoughts, volume II”

1. Paula in NH on June 1st, 2009 7:52 am

Love your teeny tiny thoughts! A wonderful read for a Monday morning! I totally understand your love of your cozy socks. I’m the same way with my socks! My favorite pairs are my Red Sox socks and my Patriots socks.

2. Nowheymama on June 1st, 2009 8:54 am

You got me hooked on GosselinsWithoutPity. I need to walk away.

3. Joy on June 2nd, 2009 8:10 am

Love the format of your teeny thoughts. It is good to just dump out all that your brain is thinking about. I should try it some time, maybe it would help me sleep better.

4. Leann I Am on June 2nd, 2009 11:45 am

This was awesome! We are growing corn too, but we have 2 1/2 acres so most people wonder why we HADN’T had a vegetable garden until now. My mom is the brains and the brawn behind the garden…I just keep it watered! I’m a procrastinator too…thanks for outing my excuses! You’re right…most procrastinators are full of crap when they try to spin it in a positive way. Mostly, I like to call myself ‘flexible’ or able to ‘roll with the punches’ as my excuse for being late for something or my poor planning skills.

Have a great day and thanks for the thoughts! I feel like you’ve crawled inside my head a bit, the way they jump around. Just know that you’re not alone!

5. Cait J on June 3rd, 2009 11:22 pm

I thought it was just my ADD.
    Now I can term it TeenyTinyThoughts!
    Yay!
    I need to start my stitching, Hubby isn’t home tonight, staying with son and daughter in law.
    Need to get my prayers in first, plan to stitch until Poker After Dark is over.
    That’s 3 a.m. here.
    Love that show, don’t play it, but love the theory, of which I cannot do, theory that is.
    You have given me to blog on my site all my teenytinythoughts.
    And you were feeling insecure today?
    No More My Friend.
    You have given all of us ADD people hope!
    Love and smooshy huggs.
    Cait

6. gfe--gluten free easily on June 6th, 2009 10:43 pm

I always enjoy these kinds of posts of yours, Stephanie. :-) So much of your thoughts I could relate to … like the procrastination thing. I go through that same process, SWEARING I’ll never do it again … and then there I am.

Paying library fines is actually subsidizing the library IMHO. They always need money! :-) Of course, you could wait until “no fine” week when you are like 80 and become one of those people who they talk about on the news. ;-)

Hugsss,

7. Renee on June 9th, 2009 6:04 pm

I just paid my library fine yesterday (it was only $8.76, on two cards, so I paid it in person.) I don’t understand why they keep letting me have books and videos either. Last time I was in there, I had to get a librarian’s help with something, and she did tell me there was a fine on the account. But she didn’t make me pay it in order to get the books etc. that she helped me with. I wonder if they’ll figure out that their system is rewarding my behavior…

They did *make* me pay once, I owed $27ish, and they caught me in person, I was very humilated. I wonder what the limit is (somewhere between $8.76 and $27, I guess.) Library fines might be my husband’s least favorite thing about me. :)

I’m also very sad about the Gosselins, and this is where I first heard they might be having trouble (although I haven’t dared to go back to gosselinswithoutpity again…)

I like your teeny tiny thoughts.

8. Stephanie on June 1st, 2009 9:14 am
    7.1

oh no, I’m sorry! yes, walk away…. quickly!
    xoxo steph