Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1, 2010 by

Happy July!

I’ve met all my big deadlines that have been hanging over my head, and can now breathe deeply and sleep soundly. I’m typing this Wednesday night, and I’ve got a bottle of champagne waiting in the depths of the fridge. I hope the kids go to bed without too much fuss!

I’m looking forward to getting some of the things done around the house that I’ve been neglecting. I’m going to tackle the stuff on the punch list that I know I can do myself, and I’m going to FINALLY print out some new pictures of the kids to hang in the frames I bought at Ikea back in December!

What about you? Any projects you’re working on?

I’m also looking forward to getting The Help back from grandma. She was holding it for me until I met my deadlines.

And I’ve got a dentist appointment today. I have a cavity I’ve been neglecting. ick. I also need to schedule an eyedoctor appointment. I’m in need for a mommy tune-up!

Today:

work on updating the baby book/printing out pictures/etc.

daily 7

Comments

7 Responses to “Thursday, July 1, 2010”

1. Linda on July 1st, 2010 6:38 am

Hooray! For the first time ever I received your post in the morning! I like it! I too need to make a list of all the little things I’ve been neglecting. Like my brows. Thanks again for the timely reminder, and keep up the greatness!

• Stephanie on July 1st, 2010 6:55 am

Hi Linda,
      it came in the morning thanks to the wonderful Amy B., who taught me how to fix the feedburner scheduling! I love the internet.
      :-)

xxoox steph

2. Grace on July 1st, 2010 6:43 am

Why is it called the Punch List? I clicked the link, so I know it’s a list of fix-ups around the house, but what is the story behind the name?

• Stephanie on July 1st, 2010 6:53 am
      2.1

Hi Grace!
      That’s the name they use in construction. Whenever an inspector comes in, the stuff written down to fix or to “get to” is called a punch list.

xoxo steph

3. Linda on July 1st, 2010 7:12 am

Glad to be getting them in the morning and I just noticed that my reply is stamped two whole hours earlier than it is here in the central time zone. I feel like I have extra time, or like I was really motivated this morning. Anything for an affirmation I guess..

4. Nancy Hoetker on July 1st, 2010 8:26 am

Congrats on meeting the deadlines and getting things crossed off the list. Hope you get The Help soon – it’s a great read! Devoured it on my Kindle-for-iPhone and Mac while on vacation.

5. Grace on July 1st, 2010 3:50 pm

This punch list is depressing…hahaha! My parents are visiting. Maybe I can get Dad to do some of them. My hubby is in school and only has about 1 day a month to do this stuff. I can do a few of them.